Your cart is currently empty.
Something I have come to learn over the past few years is that it is not only near impossible (I say near because I do believe there are people on this earth who could and will do it) to know everything there is to know about everything there is to know….
In order to simplify my life and my business I decided awhile ago now that it was much more effective to utilise people who are considered experts in those other fields to be my source of knowledge and inspiration on topic’s that are of interest to me and compliment or benefit my business, but that I personally don’t know everything about.
This year I will be asking lot of these experts to share their infinite knowledge with us so that we can all become a little bit more knowledgeable on many different topics.
Who wants to understand their bodies so well that they truly become the BEST version of them selves possible?!?! I certainly do!!
There is a quote that goes “it is best to know a little bit about a lot of things than to know a lot about just one thing”
To kick us off Jodie Smith from Bodecare who owns the largest range of dry body brushes in Australia has written an article on the Benefits of Dry Body Brushing.
Does Dry Body Brushing Remove Toxins from the Body?
Dry Body Brushing is a traditional natural health practice, which involves brushing over the skin dry and followed by a shower or bath. Clients of bodecare love to dry body brush because of the amazing benefits to their skin through exfoliation and increasing circulation.
But does dry body brushing really remove toxins from the body?
Jodie Smith, Director of Bodecare, owns the largest range of Dry Body Brushes in Australia. Jodie says “A lot of benefits of dry Body Brushing is not necessarily something you can only see….but what you feel. My Clients tell me they feel energised after brushing and the reason for that is body brushing stimulates our circulatory system. Dry body brushing stimulates the connective tissue attached to the capillaries sitting under the skin, to improve circulation travelling to the heart. It also assists the lymphatic flow around the body. The lymph relies on muscle movement to pass through the body so if you are not an active person, dry body brushing is a wonderful tool to stimulate the lymph flow so that you are ridding the body of waste and toxins daily. Some key benefits of dry body brushing are:
- Lymph is a very slow moving fluid whose function is to remove metabolic wastes and dead cells from our internal system and return it to the bloodstream. Through every day functions like breathing, exercise, blood circulation, the lymph is assisted in its ability to drain waste. Dry brushing stimulates the dense network of nerves that run just under the skin layer, which in-turn increase blood circulation and the function of the lymphatic system.
- Toxins are tucked away in all parts of our body tissue. Metabolic waste can be stored as mucus in the respiratory system, cholesterol in artery walls, stones in kidneys, form crystals around joints, and build up in fatigued muscles. If not removed the metabolic wastes become toxins. Skin brushing lightly stimulates the nerves under the skin that connect to the lymphatic system, which assists in draining these toxins from the body.
- Research from renowned Naturopaths have shown that cellulite formation is related, in part, to local vein and lymph congestion. Proper skin brushing speeds up metabolism, this helps break down the fatty deposits or toxins into the blood stream and release the waste from the body and therefore help to alleviate this condition.
Makes my skin glow?
Yes regular body brushing will make your skin glow because it is assisting the body in a number of functions like:
- Exfoliates dry, rough skin, enabling moisturizing products to readily absorb into the skin and opens pores to freely pass out toxins from the body.
- Assists with stimulation of sweat and oil glands, contributing to the restoration of moist, supple skin
- Strengthen the skin pores by assisting with increased skin tone.
- Gentle stretching of connective tissues from brushing helps to regenerate production of collagen and elastin fibres.
- Alleviates vein and lymph congestion to reduce orange-peel appearance or cellulite.
Toowong QLD Australia
Thanks SO much for sharing Jodie!
Which body brush should I choose?
We stock a few different variations when it comes to dry body brushing accessories. We have a standard long handled brush which is perfect for dry body brushing pre shower everyday and we also have the Bodecare Sisal Mitt which is a light open weave glove that you can use dry before the shower or that can also be used with your body wash in the shower too. As long as there is some form of stimulation with a brush/mitt made from natural fibers, you are going to get, see and FEEL the results almost immediately!
It literally takes about 2 minutes to dry brush your entire body and this is only once a day for AMAZING results for your mind, body and spirit!